Do you want to feel the thrill of rolling the dice? Looking for that rush of hitting it big on the roulette table? It all starts with knowing how to play the game.
At Casino Knights Inc. we staff all of our Central Texas casino parties with experienced dealers who can show guests the ropes. However, if you have time to learn the rules ahead of time that’s always a safe bet. Use the guide below to learn how to play the most popular casino games within minutes.
Basic Ways to Play 3 Popular Casino Games
Ready to hold your own at the table? It may take a little more time and practice to hang with the seasoned players at the Texas Hold’em table, but there are plenty of other games you can get in on immediately.
Casino table games don’t get easier than black jack. The goal of the game is to get to 21 without going over. The closer you are to that magic number the greater your odds are of winning. All of the numbered cards are the same as their numeric value, face cards are worth 10 points and an ace can be either 1 or 11 points – whichever you choose.
- The dealer will shuffle one to six 52-card decks together.
- Before any cards are drawn, players must place a bet to buy into the game – typically $2-$500 per bet.
- One of the players will cut the cards.
- The dealer will then deal each player and himself one card face up.
- The dealer then deals another card face up to each player, but deals himself one card face down. If his face up card is an ace, queen, king or jack he’ll then look at the face down card. If not, he’ll wait until it’s his turn to play to look.
- If you get an ace and a face card congratulations – you’ve got what’s called a natural 21 and you’ve won one and half times your bet. If the dealer gets a natural the house automatically wins and the bets are collected. In the event you and the dealer get a natural 21 then it’s a tie and you keep your money.
- In all other scenarios you’ll have to decide if you want to stay (not get another card) or hit (get another card). You can ask for multiple hits until you get to a number you like or go bust.
- After each player has had a chance to hit or stay it’s then the dealer’s turn and his face down card is revealed. House rules typically state if the dealer has 17 or higher they have to stay. If not he’ll hit and get another card.
- If your hand is better than the dealer’s (closer to 21 without going over) then you win.
There are so many ways to bet on craps it would take much more than five minutes to go over them all. Instead we’ll focus on the most common ways to bet, which actually have some of the best odds for the players.
- Players will take turns rolling two dice that are provided by the stickman. The player who’s rolling is known as the shooter, and they have to place at least a minimum bet on either “pass line” or “don’t pass line”. “Pass line” and “don’t pass line” are the two most straightforward ways to play craps.
- All the players will place bets by putting their chips in the Pass Line or Don’t Pass Line box on the table.
- The shooter will make an initial roll called the “come out” roll. The numbers on both dice will be totaled together. Three things happen based on the come out roll:
- A come out roll of 7 or 11 is a “natural” and everyone who bet Pass Line wins the amount they bet. Anyone who bet Don’t Pass Line losses. The shooter will roll again.
- A come out roll of 2, 3 or 12 is an automatic “crap out” and pass line bets lose. The Don’t Pass Line bets win on 2 or 3 and it’s a tie on 12. The shooter will still keep the dice until they roll a seven.
- A come out roll of 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10 becomes the “box point”. From that point on the shooter needs to roll that number again before rolling a seven in order for everyone who bet on Pass Line to win. If you bet on Don’t Pass Line you win if a 7 is rolled first.
Roulette involves a spinning wheel (the roulette) that’s segmented into numbers and a small ball. Each numbered slot is red or black, with each slot alternating in color. There are three basic ways to play roulette. You can either bet on a number, odds versus evens or bet the ball will land on either black or red.
- Before the wheel is spun players will be allowed to place bets. Typically special colored chips are used at the roulette table. There will be a minimum and a maximum bet at every table.
- The wheel sits on a table with a felt that has each individual number, a black square, a red square, an “odd” square, an “even square”, a square with “1-12”, a square with “13-24” and a square with “25-36”. You’ll place your chips in the square of your choice to signify your bet.
- There are inside and outside bets. Inside bets are anything on a specific number. Outside bets are those made on just red, just black, an even number, an odd number or one of the number blocks listed above.
- Although the wheel is always moving, once the bets are placed the dealer will give it a spin and the ball will move in a counter clockwise direction before landing in one of the slots.
- The dealer will indicate the winner with a marker, and new bets can’t be placed until the marker is removed.
Pretty simple, right? Now it’s time to test your newfound skills at a Casino Knights Inc. party! Call us today to learn more about our casino night fundraisers, corporate events and private parties that come with all of the games listed above.
Original Source: https://casinoknightsinc.com/casino-101/5-minute-guide-casino-games/